Monday, February 20, 2012

online store database - replicate to shoppes

We have an online shopping cart and I need to replicate the new orders out
to the shoppes that will be shipping the order. I'll have about 300
subscribers that will be receiving the orders. I only need to sync each
subscriber 2 or 3 times a day but I am concerned about deadlocks or
conflicts if all try to sync at the same time. Each subscriber will
replicate via VPN so merge replication is probably my only option. I'm
looking for ideas on how I might be able to balance the load to handle so
many subscribers.
TIA
Tina
You should look at the limit the number of concurrent merge agents. Note
that you will have to bump up the value of StartQueueTimeout as well.
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
http://www.indexserverfaq.com
"Tina Smith" <tb.smith@.earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:OEo0AuKVFHA.3244@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> We have an online shopping cart and I need to replicate the new orders out
> to the shoppes that will be shipping the order. I'll have about 300
> subscribers that will be receiving the orders. I only need to sync each
> subscriber 2 or 3 times a day but I am concerned about deadlocks or
> conflicts if all try to sync at the same time. Each subscriber will
> replicate via VPN so merge replication is probably my only option. I'm
> looking for ideas on how I might be able to balance the load to handle so
> many subscribers.
> TIA
> Tina
>
|||It's gonna be difficult to do since the subscribers will be determining when
they want to sync during the day. Are there any other options I can look
at? Multiple publishers or multiple distributors?
"Hilary Cotter" <hilary.cotter@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:OIKwAgLVFHA.2172@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> You should look at the limit the number of concurrent merge agents. Note
> that you will have to bump up the value of StartQueueTimeout as well.
> --
> Hilary Cotter
> Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
> http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
> Looking for a FAQ on Indexing Services/SQL FTS
> http://www.indexserverfaq.com
> "Tina Smith" <tb.smith@.earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:OEo0AuKVFHA.3244@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment