Saturday, February 25, 2012

Only first row appearing

New to Reporting services, I am trying to create a simple header/
detail report. I am not using subreports due to problems with
mysterious pagebreaking before a lengthy subreport. However, my
problem is now everything looks good in the preview screen, but in a
print or print layout I am only seeing the first header in the group
and the first row for that header.
-wylieOn Jun 21, 1:36 pm, Wylie <wyli...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> New to Reporting services, I am trying to create a simple header/
> detail report. I am not using subreports due to problems with
> mysterious pagebreaking before a lengthy subreport. However, my
> problem is now everything looks good in the preview screen, but in a
> print or print layout I am only seeing the first header in the group
> and the first row for that header.
> -wylie
It sounds kind-of like you have possibly set 'Page break at end' as
part of your grouping (if applicable). Right-click the table control
(if applicable) and select Properties. Select the Groups tab, then
select the 'Edit...' button and uncheck 'Page break at end.' Hope this
helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||On Jun 21, 9:39 pm, EMartinez <emartinez...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 1:36 pm, Wylie <wyli...@.gmail.com> wrote:
> > New to Reporting services, I am trying to create a simple header/
> > detail report. I am not using subreports due to problems with
> > mysterious pagebreaking before a lengthy subreport. However, my
> > problem is now everything looks good in the preview screen, but in a
> > print or print layout I am only seeing the first header in the group
> > and the first row for that header.
> > -wylie
> It sounds kind-of like you have possibly set 'Page break at end' as
> part of your grouping (if applicable). Right-click the table control
> (if applicable) and select Properties. Select the Groups tab, then
> select the 'Edit...' button and uncheck 'Page break at end.' Hope this
> helps.
> Regards,
> Enrique Martinez
> Sr. Software Consultant
I do not have any page breaks set. I could see that happening, but
I'm not seeing any other records. In preview I have 4 groups with
2-30 records in each group. On print layout ALL I get is the header
and first record of the first group.
-wylie

No comments:

Post a Comment