Saturday, February 25, 2012

only 1 data row shows up in preview - should have 10

I am relatively new to Reporting services. I have a real basic dataset
select * from tbl1
tbl1 contains 10 rows and 6 fields. I have 6 textboxes in the layout view.
I linked each textbox to a field in the dataset. When I go to preview, I
only see one row of the 10 rows and only 1 page. What do I need to do to
show the rest of the rows (on the same page)? Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
RichWell, I found part of my problem. When I right-click on a textbox I select
"expression" which brings up a dialog box with a variety of selections. I
want to select Fields but see a message that the report has not been linked
to a dataset. So I go to the Dataset option and select fields from there.
But each of those fields has the "First" function leading the expression.
So now my question is: how do you link a dataset to the report?
"Rich" wrote:
> I am relatively new to Reporting services. I have a real basic dataset
> select * from tbl1
> tbl1 contains 10 rows and 6 fields. I have 6 textboxes in the layout view.
> I linked each textbox to a field in the dataset. When I go to preview, I
> only see one row of the 10 rows and only 1 page. What do I need to do to
> show the rest of the rows (on the same page)? Any suggestions appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Rich|||I think I figured this out. You have to add a table to the layout from the
Toolbox and that is where select your dataset.
Just posting for posterity
"Rich" wrote:
> Well, I found part of my problem. When I right-click on a textbox I select
> "expression" which brings up a dialog box with a variety of selections. I
> want to select Fields but see a message that the report has not been linked
> to a dataset. So I go to the Dataset option and select fields from there.
> But each of those fields has the "First" function leading the expression.
> So now my question is: how do you link a dataset to the report?
>
> "Rich" wrote:
> > I am relatively new to Reporting services. I have a real basic dataset
> >
> > select * from tbl1
> >
> > tbl1 contains 10 rows and 6 fields. I have 6 textboxes in the layout view.
> > I linked each textbox to a field in the dataset. When I go to preview, I
> > only see one row of the 10 rows and only 1 page. What do I need to do to
> > show the rest of the rows (on the same page)? Any suggestions appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment