Monday, March 26, 2012

Opening Report Server 2005 web site with VS 2005

I'm getting the "Report Server has not been congured for use with ASP.NET
2.0" when I open the report server web site using VS 2005. This is on
Windows 2003 and the SSRS 2005. Any idea how I can resolve this?
Thanks,
GilgameshWhat do you mean by this? You don't open up a report server web site in VS.
There is no way to do that. Do you mean you open up a project that has
reports? Or that you try to deploy to the server. You never directly touch
RS website. You install it, you deploy to it. You open up the portal. But
you never open up in VS.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh4ever@.aol.com> wrote in message
news:OEtDx9P4HHA.4712@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> I'm getting the "Report Server has not been congured for use with ASP.NET
> 2.0" when I open the report server web site using VS 2005. This is on
> Windows 2003 and the SSRS 2005. Any idea how I can resolve this?
> Thanks,
> Gilgamesh
>|||Well, report server is an asp.net applciation, and I was able to open the
web site using VS 2005. I'm working on the security extension which reuires
making changes to the logon.aspx page, and also I would need to create a new
aspx page and add the report viewer to it. The problem is that I can't even
open the site successuly.
-G
"Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOSPAM@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ewScpJQ4HHA.4476@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> What do you mean by this? You don't open up a report server web site in
> VS. There is no way to do that. Do you mean you open up a project that has
> reports? Or that you try to deploy to the server. You never directly touch
> RS website. You install it, you deploy to it. You open up the portal. But
> you never open up in VS.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh4ever@.aol.com> wrote in message
> news:OEtDx9P4HHA.4712@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> I'm getting the "Report Server has not been congured for use with ASP.NET
>> 2.0" when I open the report server web site using VS 2005. This is on
>> Windows 2003 and the SSRS 2005. Any idea how I can resolve this?
>> Thanks,
>> Gilgamesh
>|||I have not implemented forms security (which is what I assume you are doing)
but reading up on it, it does not seem to me you are modifying anything
other than config files for RS. Yes RS is an asp.net application but I am
pretty sure that you do not modify it directly. You create your own asp.net
application that has your logon form and you modify config files with RS
2005.
Now on the off chance I am completely wrong about this and the reality is
that you do have to do as you are suggesting, are you sure this is RS 2005?
RS 2000 is a 1.1 framework application rather than a 2.0 framework app like
RS 2005.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh4ever@.aol.com> wrote in message
news:OjzehOQ4HHA.3684@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Well, report server is an asp.net applciation, and I was able to open the
> web site using VS 2005. I'm working on the security extension which
> reuires making changes to the logon.aspx page, and also I would need to
> create a new aspx page and add the report viewer to it. The problem is
> that I can't even open the site successuly.
> -G
>
> "Bruce L-C [MVP]" <bruce_lcNOSPAM@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:ewScpJQ4HHA.4476@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> What do you mean by this? You don't open up a report server web site in
>> VS. There is no way to do that. Do you mean you open up a project that
>> has reports? Or that you try to deploy to the server. You never directly
>> touch RS website. You install it, you deploy to it. You open up the
>> portal. But you never open up in VS.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce Loehle-Conger
>> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
>> "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh4ever@.aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:OEtDx9P4HHA.4712@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> I'm getting the "Report Server has not been congured for use with
>> ASP.NET 2.0" when I open the report server web site using VS 2005. This
>> is on Windows 2003 and the SSRS 2005. Any idea how I can resolve this?
>> Thanks,
>> Gilgamesh
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment