Wednesday, March 28, 2012

opening up odbc data source in the query query inside of the server manager

I'm trying to find the command to open up an odbc conection inside sql2005 express. I only have ues of an odbc connector, we're conection to remedy. We will eventually be using stored procedures to extract the data we need from remedy and doing additional data crunching. I'm a foxpro programmer so once I get the correct syntax for making the odbc connector I shold be ok. Also I need a really good advanced book on sql2005. The type of book that would have my odbc answer. I've spent all morning trying to find this information and was unable to.

Thanks in advance

Daniel Buchanan.

If this was the wrong forum to post this on, please move this question to the correct one. I need this answer soon.

You can set up linked servers on one of the SQL Servers and join the data.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms188279(SQL.90).aspx

hth

BobP

No comments:

Post a Comment