Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Opening SSIS package without validation

Is there a way you can open an SSIS package without validating it?

The reason is - when I take a package from PROD and open it in DEV - initially all settings-variables are wrong - and the validation takes heck of long time in that case. And then I need to change the variables and reload the package. And bloody hell - if I forgot to change a variable - I sometimes have to validate package 3 times. And sometimes - I only need to get visual look of package - so why do I always need to wait for validation...Set BIDS to work offline.

SSIS Menu -> Work Offline|||Nice - thanks mate, this will save me a lot of time

I wish they would add a feature to right click a package and say "Open package in offline mode" for dummies like me |||

TheViewMaster wrote:

Nice - thanks mate, this will save me a lot of time

I wish they would add a feature to right click a package and say "Open package in offline mode" for dummies like me

Sounds like a good idea. You know where to request it right?

-Jamie

|||https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=282357|||

Cool. I voted 4.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment