Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Opening up SQL 2005 Management studio generates Winmgmt error

I have been getting the following winmgmt error in my application event log
when I connect to a clustered SQL 2005 server using SQL Management Studio.
Has anyone ever encountered this and does anyone know how to stop this?
Event filter with query "select * from __InstanceModificationEvent within 10
where TargetInstance isa 'Win32_Service'" could not be (re)activated in
namespace "//./root/Microsoft/SqlServer/ComputerManagement" because of error
0x80041010. Events may not be delivered through this filter until the
problem is corrected.
Thanks
I have the same error. It appears mmc cannot connect to wmi class.
"Steven" wrote:

> I have been getting the following winmgmt error in my application event log
> when I connect to a clustered SQL 2005 server using SQL Management Studio.
> Has anyone ever encountered this and does anyone know how to stop this?
> Event filter with query "select * from __InstanceModificationEvent within 10
> where TargetInstance isa 'Win32_Service'" could not be (re)activated in
> namespace "//./root/Microsoft/SqlServer/ComputerManagement" because of error
> 0x80041010. Events may not be delivered through this filter until the
> problem is corrected.
> Thanks
>
>
>
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment