Monday, March 26, 2012

Opening port 1434

You will need to set up the port in Client Network Util -
add alias for sql box and uncheck dynamically determine
ort and place 1434 in the box it opens up

>--Original Message--
>Hi.. I'm trying to connect a Sharepoint Portal Server to
a second named
>instance on a SQL box.
>After some trial and error I find that I need to have
port 1434 open. Now my
>question is how do I do that?
>.
>
That would imply that SQL Server is listening on port 1434. Usually SQL
Server listens on port 1433, and the reason you'd need port 1434 is for UDP
1434 to allow the "SQL Browser" capabilities of SQL Server to locate named
instances on a server.
Richard Waymire, MCSE, MCDBA
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"kjackson" <kh2ojz@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0cbb01c47b0e$25d8a490$a401280a@.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> You will need to set up the port in Client Network Util -
> add alias for sql box and uncheck dynamically determine
> ort and place 1434 in the box it opens up
>
> a second named
> port 1434 open. Now my

No comments:

Post a Comment