Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Only text pointers are allowed in work tables

Using SS 2000. I have a UNION ALL query that includes a TEXT column.
When I add an ORDER BY clause I get the following error.
"Server: Msg 8626, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Only text pointers are allowed in work tables, never text, ntext, or
image columns. The query processor produced a query plan that required
a text, ntext, or image column in a work table."
So far, Google has failed to find a work around. Any suggestions?
Paradox can do this query. I cannot believe that SQL Server can't.
..Bill.
Threads active in .programming. Please do not post the same question
multiple times to multiple newsgroups.
"Bill" <no@.no.com> wrote in message
news:%23Tzghb9wFHA.3740@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Using SS 2000. I have a UNION ALL query that includes a TEXT column.
> When I add an ORDER BY clause I get the following error.
> "Server: Msg 8626, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
> Only text pointers are allowed in work tables, never text, ntext, or
> image columns. The query processor produced a query plan that required
> a text, ntext, or image column in a work table."
> So far, Google has failed to find a work around. Any suggestions?
> Paradox can do this query. I cannot believe that SQL Server can't.
> --
> .Bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment