Monday, March 12, 2012

Open connection

How can I tell if I left a connection open? I'm calling slq thru ASP pages.
Thanks,
SueOriginally posted by belewe92614
How can I tell if I left a connection open? I'm calling slq thru ASP pages.
Thanks,
Sue

Use the profiler and run a trace on connections. There are trace options to track when a connection opens and closes.|||You can use the sp_who procedure to see what processes are connected in the server: "EXEC sp_who"|||I you are using ADO to connect through an ASP you can check your status

adStateClosed 0 The object is closed
adStateOpen 1 The object is open
adStateConnecting 2 The object is connecting
adStateExecuting 4 The object is executing a command
adStateFetching 8 The rows of the object are being retrieved

See more from this link State Property (http://www.w3schools.com/ado/prop_state.asp)

No comments:

Post a Comment