Monday, March 12, 2012

Open Connections

Is there a normal amount of open sql connections? We have about 300
open connections and I do not know if that is a lot of not.Voss,
It all depends on how many users you have and the software that they are
using. E.g. a web interface might hold very few shared connections for
everybody to use, but an Access frontend to SQL Server will hold more
connections open. Etc. etc.
I just quick checked two servers, one has 150 connections and the other has
2000 connections. Neither of these are worrying me, because I know what
they are being used for and approximately the number of people connecting.
FWIW,
RLF
<voss@.talentzoo.com> wrote in message
news:1190638728.921070.109640@.w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
> Is there a normal amount of open sql connections? We have about 300
> open connections and I do not know if that is a lot of not.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment