Monday, March 12, 2012

Open File Dialog Like Enterprise Menager ?

Hi, It is possible to open a file dialog directly from another pc
(windows 2000 server sp4, msde sp3) like enterprise manager do when you
try to restaure a database?
I don't want to share folder on my server, and I want to select the
backup file (located on my server) from my application (run on my
computer).
I have try with SQL-DMO but I can find anything.
Thank youThe SQL-NS API expose the dialogs that EM has. Possibly this backup dialog as well. Note that SQL-NS
has not been carried forward to 2005.
Another option is do-it-yourself. I have done what you try to do by submitting SQL queries to
enumerate disks, folders, files etc. You'd have to use Profiler to see what extended stored
procedures that are used by these dialogs by EM, and note that many of these are not documented =not supported!
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
<blacketik@.gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155222848.934108.285120@.h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hi, It is possible to open a file dialog directly from another pc
> (windows 2000 server sp4, msde sp3) like enterprise manager do when you
> try to restaure a database?
> I don't want to share folder on my server, and I want to select the
> backup file (located on my server) from my application (run on my
> computer).
> I have try with SQL-DMO but I can find anything.
> Thank you
>

No comments:

Post a Comment