Monday, March 12, 2012

Open intial catalog?

I have a connection string that has the clause "initial catalog=XXXXXX" in
it. When I use SqlConnection.Open I get an exception that XXXXXX cannot be
opened and the login failed. Any ideas?
Thank you.
KeivnThis is the exact error message:
Cannot open database \"XXXXXXX\" requested by the login. The login
failed.\r\nLogin failed for user 'developer'
"Kevin Burton" wrote:

> I have a connection string that has the clause "initial catalog=XXXXXX" in
> it. When I use SqlConnection.Open I get an exception that XXXXXX cannot be
> opened and the login failed. Any ideas?
> Thank you.
> Keivn
>|||Looks like the user 'developer' does not have access to this database. Have
you checked that?
Ben Nevarez, MCDBA, OCP
Database Administrator
"Kevin Burton" wrote:
[vbcol=seagreen]
> This is the exact error message:
> Cannot open database \"XXXXXXX\" requested by the login. The login
> failed.\r\nLogin failed for user 'developer'
> "Kevin Burton" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment