Friday, March 9, 2012

Open a new project using SQL Server management Studio Express

Dear Friends

I am unable to open e new project using SQL Server management Studio Express. On the File menu it displays only "Query with current connection" and "Data base Engine Query". Please help me on thi Do I have to Install SQL Server management Studio instead of using express version. Cant I use SQL Server and SQL server management studio for deploy to make a small database for my a wharehouse. Please help me

Amila

Management Studio Express does not include the Project functionality of the full version. You can still create queries and scripts in SSMSE which can be saved to a .sql file, moved to a different computer and run withing SSMSE on that computer.

Use either of the options you mention to create a new query window and create the script you wish to use to build your database. Once you've got the script working, use Save from the File menu and give the file a name. You can send this file around like any text file and it can be loaded into any copy of Management Studio or Management Studio Express and run.

Regards,

Mike Wachal
SQL Express team

No comments:

Post a Comment