Tuesday, March 20, 2012

open rowset query using windows authentication

Hi I need to do an "open rowset" query from one SQL server to another
(because I don't want to set up a linked server). I want to use windows
authentication, rather than a SQL logon. My windows account has read to
the remote server. Is this possible? If so, what is the syntax?
if I use SQLOLEDB, I cant' figure out how to say sspi or
trusted_connection = true. I can do it with a UID and PWD, but don't
want to, since I don't want to have to create the login, etc.
Anyone?Shelly,
Not sure what version you're using but check out:
OPENROWSET
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190312(SQL.90).aspx
and
OPENDATASOURCE
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179856(SQL.90).aspx
HTH
Jerry
<shelleybobelly@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1147971881.722223.11140@.i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hi I need to do an "open rowset" query from one SQL server to another
> (because I don't want to set up a linked server). I want to use windows
> authentication, rather than a SQL logon. My windows account has read to
> the remote server. Is this possible? If so, what is the syntax?
> if I use SQLOLEDB, I cant' figure out how to say sspi or
> trusted_connection = true. I can do it with a UID and PWD, but don't
> want to, since I don't want to have to create the login, etc.
> Anyone?
>|||Thanks Jerry. I realized I didn't have DBPROP_AUTH_INTEGRATED set to
yes on the server I was querying, so it was blowing up. Also I
couldn't find those articles when I searched MSDN (for some reason).
Thanks again.
Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment