Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Open SSIS project error: Unable to cast COM object of type

When I open up my existing SSIS project, I always get this error. Does anyone know what was wrong ?

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio

Unable to cast COM object of type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.PackageNeutralClass' to interface type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.IObjectWithSite'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{FC4801A3-2BA9-11CF-A229-00AA003D7352}' failed due to the following error: The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8001010E (RPC_E_WRONG_THREAD)).

Did you get a solution to this problem? If so could you please post it? I'm having the exact same problem on my development server.

Sincerely

Svein Terje Gaup

|||

I have the same problem as well, anyone know how to solve it?

Many Thanks.

Warren

|||

i got it fixed without knowing how to fix it. it is kind of rediculous.

Can anyone from SSIS team or any SSIS guru answer this ?

Steve

|||

I've no idea but it seems some realated with the apartment for a COM object, maybe STA which is being used

in another thread.

My wonder is why BIDS needs to make a RCW between managed code and unmanaged code when you're going to open it.

|||

Have seen this error several times opening BIDS.

Just close BIDS and open it up again, error gone. Don't know why. I think it happens when I'm a little bit impatient and try to open a recent project while BIDS is not fully up and running yet.

It's a bit annoying, but I don't think it's a serious problem.

Pipo1

|||Have this problem too - any fixes?|||

It seems SQL 2005 does not do a good job to tell us what the error is...

Not sure if you guys did the same task I did, I got the same error when I tried to add a Maintenance Plan. I tried to find the reason/solution but no luck.. and I fixed it not because I found the answer and it is all about security...

My story is...

I set up two clustered SQL 2005 servers and tried to add a maintanience plan by using sa account authentication. However, sa account is not a network account but a SQL account. So I kept getting the error no matter I close/open how many times. And unfortunately SQL 2005 does not report this error "precisely" to me to identify where the problem is... So instead of using my local Management Tools and sa accoutn authentication, I logged in to another server on the same network domain as those two clustered servers. Then I used Management Tool installed on it and Window Authentication account which is the admin account of two clustered servers, and hahaha, it just works like I want it to.

Hope this helps,
Jet

No comments:

Post a Comment