Wednesday, March 21, 2012

open table

when I right ona table in the object browser in query analyzer it opens the
selected table,
in some tables I can edit the content in some, I can't,
do you have any idea?
Thanks
IlannHi,
You may not have rights to edit those tables. Execute sp_helprotect
'null','tablename' and see if you have permissions for those tables.
Thanks
Hari
SQL Server MVP
"Ilann" <ilann@.free.fr> wrote in message
news:O5dRcFyVFHA.2684@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> when I right ona table in the object browser in query analyzer it opens
> the selected table,
> in some tables I can edit the content in some, I can't,
> do you have any idea?
> Thanks
> null,'tablename' Ilann
>|||I got this:
There are no matching rows on which to report.
Ilann
"Hari Prasad" <hari_prasad_k@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:euLXhIyVFHA.1404@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> You may not have rights to edit those tables. Execute sp_helprotect
> 'null','tablename' and see if you have permissions for those tables.
> Thanks
> Hari
> SQL Server MVP
> "Ilann" <ilann@.free.fr> wrote in message
> news:O5dRcFyVFHA.2684@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> when I right ona table in the object browser in query analyzer it opens
>> the selected table,
>> in some tables I can edit the content in some, I can't,
>> do you have any idea?
>> Thanks
>> null,'tablename' Ilann
>>
>
>|||Ilann wrote:
> when I right ona table in the object browser in query analyzer it
> opens the selected table,
> in some tables I can edit the content in some, I can't,
> do you have any idea?
> Thanks
> Ilann
I've noticed that in past testing if a table had an indentity column, I
could edit it. Without one, I could not. That may be a bit of a
simplification. It could be related to a whether the table has a PK or
not or a unique index.
--
David Gugick
Imceda Software
www.imceda.com

No comments:

Post a Comment