Wednesday, March 21, 2012

open up 32bit SSIS package in 64 bit machine ( 64bit sql server)

I have designed a packege using my local machine ( 32bit) and am trying to deploy this package to 64bit machine and open it up.. are there any issues that I need to aware of? 32 bit ssis and 64bit ssis are comparable each other?

If you are using connections that only have 32bit drivers you will have some issues when you try to execute the package (ie: excel). Other than that you won't see any differences, besides performance gains (most likely).

|||

Hi safd*,

Apart from that,

We do have list of Oracle Connectivity issues we need to be aware of, Indeed an adventure to some, see here .

I've summarized the settings we need to be aware of in my blog .

For detailed information download Connectivity and SSIS.doc from Microsoft official site.

Thanks

Subhash Subramanyam

|||I have developed 32bit SSIS package and trying to deploy in 64bit machine ( 64bit sql server 2005). Are there any know issues that i need to aware of? are they fully comparable?|||

I'm confused, you posted the same question three days ago and you marked the reply I gave you as answered. Are you have some issues?

|||

Anthony Martin wrote:

I'm confused, you posted the same question three days ago and you marked the reply I gave you as answered. Are you have some issues?

safddddddddddddddddddddd ,

Double posting questions does not do any good to the dynamic of the forum. I am merging this thread to the original one.

Thanks Anthony, for pointing that out.
|||

All,

I am trying to execute a ssis package that has OLE DB orale connection( 32bit) in SQL server 2005 machine ( run as a package )...

I've tried

"D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server (x86)\90\DTS\Binn\DTExec.exe" /FILE "C:\SSISPackage\test3.dtsx" /MAXCONCURRENT " -1 " /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING E

to run the package in 32bit mode.. but still getting

Description: The connection manager "oracleconnection" will not acquire a connection because the package OfflineMode property is TRUE. When the OfflineMode is TRUE, connections cannot be acquired. End Error Error: 2007-09-20 13:47:12.61 Code: 0xC020801C Source: Data Flow Task OLE DB Source [1] Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "oracleconnection" failed with error code 0xC0014019. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed. End Error Error: 2007-09-20 13:47:12.61 Code: 0xC004701A Source: Data Flow Task DTS.Pipeline Description... Process Exit Code 1. The step failed.

can you please help!!!

|||The last time we encountered this, reinstalling the SQL client

workstation tools fixed the issue.

|||

thanks jwelch..

Is there any way you can tell me the step by step procedure that I have to take to make OLE DB for oracle work? I have read a couple of posts and it made me more confused..

what kind of drive do i really need, what kind of patch do i have to apply .. and what configurations do i have to change?

|||Unfortunately, it's been a while, so I don't really have step by step documentation.|||

i understand i need to usine 32bit DTExec.exe to run the pakage that has oracle ole db data source..

i've tried .. but it still giving me an error... whatelse should i try ?

|||If you are still getting the "work offline" error meesage, first make sure the package isn't set to Work Offline. If it isn't, then reinstalling the client tools is the only resolution I am aware of.|||

thanks Jwelch..

where do i set the "Work offline" property in package?

|||Under the SSIS menu in BIDS, there is an option that says "Work Offline". Make sure it isn't checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment