Monday, March 26, 2012

Opening an .mds Database in SQL Server 2000

I am to convert some data and all I've been provided is a database.mds file.
I've been told this is a sql server database. How do I access the
information within.
Any Help is Greatly Appreciated!!
Thanks in Advance!!!I do not recognize this extension, there is no convention in SQL Server for
naming either backup nor
database files this way. Ask the person who sent it to you whether it is a d
atabase file (.mdf) and
of so, read about sp_attach_db and sp_attach_single_file_db. Or it might be
a backup file (.bak) and
if so, read about RESTORE DATABASE.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Superfreak3" <Superfreak3@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BC0E72BE-9E20-41DC-BAC0-6A18B8F2E93B@.microsoft.com...
>I am to convert some data and all I've been provided is a database.mds file
.
> I've been told this is a sql server database. How do I access the
> information within.
> Any Help is Greatly Appreciated!!
> Thanks in Advance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment