Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Open Query File dialog box

Hi,
SQL2K+SP4
When I load up Query Analyzer and click File -> Open to open up a query
file, the open file dialog is always sorted by - i don't know
alphabetically.
How can I set the default to open up with files ordered alphabetically?
Thanks
HelenaQuery Analyzer uses the default directory order for the system, which is set from a registry entry somewhere in the bowels of Windows itself. The default order can be changed for all of the applications on a machine, but I don't remember how.

-PatP|||in the open file dialog, you can view by "details" and then sort by name, size, type, or modified date.|||Pat, thanks for replay

"Query Analyzer uses the default directory order for the system"

The files in Explorer / Outlook Insert File dialog box are in alphabetic order.
Its only in QA the order is wrong.

Thanks,
Helena|||Jezemines answer is the one to go with. There's no point fussing over this imo!|||I know to order the files in the box but I'm handling big number of scripts and I each time I want to open file I need to sort it first - its annoying

Helena|||Just in case somebody has the same problem, here is the solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229070

Thanks
Helena|||You've GOT to be kidding|||I missed the part about her using Windows 98, although I remember the problem from back then too. This became a registry fix starting with Windows 2000, but I don't remember the registry key or the values anymore because I haven't needed it for years.

-PatP

No comments:

Post a Comment