Monday, March 26, 2012

Opening a URL in reporting services 2005 opens whatever IE window

How do I get reporting services 2005 to open a new IE window when touching a URL. Otherwise it grabs whatever one is open (not any order) which writes over what I was viewing. This is extremely frustrating. Our company uses LOTUS notes sametime as a netmeeting software which uses IE and it keeps choosing that window and "knocking" me out of the meeting. What can I do?

One thing that might work is unchecking the "Reuse windows for launching shortcuts" option under "Browsing" section located on the "Advanced" tab of IE's Internet Options. The down-side to this fix is that it only affects your user profile. This fix would have to be performed for each user's profile. I'll play around with RS and see if I can't trick it to force a new window.

Sincerely,

Micheal

No comments:

Post a Comment