Monday, March 26, 2012

Opening Existing RDL in Visual Studio

This HAS to be the most common question - yet I have not found it.
I have TWO developers.
One is working on reports, now the other wants to help.
How can Visual Studio open the RDL files already on the server?
It's a "team" question really. How do I do it?
Thank in advance, JerryThis behavior is not support by SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services. You
would either have to share the copy of the report already on disk or
download a copy from the server and edit that one. This feature request is
currently on our wishlist.
--
Bruce Johnson [MSFT]
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Jerry Nixon" <jerrynixon@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:36f558cf.0410120746.c9f3216@.posting.google.com...
> This HAS to be the most common question - yet I have not found it.
> I have TWO developers.
> One is working on reports, now the other wants to help.
> How can Visual Studio open the RDL files already on the server?
> It's a "team" question really. How do I do it?
> Thank in advance, Jerry|||Thank you.
Hearing "not supported" saves me lots of time in research.
Best regards, Jerry

No comments:

Post a Comment